After school program for KPHS school students, with a choice of , Circus, Gymnastics, Acrobatics, Badminton and Yoga…
- Everyday a different sport to offer a varied program for the taste of everyone.
- From 3 to 4.30 pm , we are taking care of your child from bell ring until you come to pick them up.
- Discovery, practice, routine and team work is what to expect in a Bilingual ambiance.
We are using the facilities around the school such as the Killarney Heights High School, the Girls Scout Hall while the duration of the construction of the new building at Killarney Heights Public School.
Class are from 3 to 4.30 pm. Meeting point /Pick up on the Basket Ball Court on KHPS oval.
We can do pick up from classroom at 3.pm
3 to 3.15:are dedicated for Afternoon Tea, get reenergized . Escort to the Killarney Heights canteen/or Girls Guide Hall and get change in sports outfit
3 .15 to 3.20 :Warm up games and all the pre-collective games +Stretching.
3.15 to 4.15: Activity
What To pack for les Petits Sportifs Class
– A small bag with sports outfit (Short and T shirt)
-Please label all your uniform piece as we have lot’s of Lost and found every week with unmarked uniform clothings.
Acrobatic gymnastics is a gymnastic discipline where partnerships of gymnasts work together and perform figures consisting of gymnastic skills moves, dance with, set to music.
There are three types of routines:
- a ‘balance’ routine where the focus is on strength and flexibility,
- a ‘dynamic’ routine which includes throws, somersaults and catches,
- a ‘combined’ routine which includes elements from both balance and dynamic.
Acrobatic gymnastics perform in pairs or groups (male and female) combining gymnastics elements and skills into fun, team based environment providing a great platform for building balance, coordination, strength and teamwork.
Yoga for kids
Yoga classes for children is a great way to finish the day after long hours at school.
Yoga class in a school environment can include:
- physical postures to improve strength, flexibility, balance and coordination
- an introductory discussion about well-being,
- a mindfulness practice to bring awareness to the current state of the body, mind and breath,
- games to provide opportunities for social interaction and creativity,
- story-telling to engage the imagination and provide context and meaning to the practice,
- breathing techniques to improve lung capacity and calm the body and mind,
- relaxation to introduce students to meditation.
It can help participants to build confidence and deal with issues caused by the demands and pressure of daily life and provide valuable tools to assist children in navigating their individual growth and development into adulthood.
Yoga is getting very popular this days and the children just love to seat back, relax and play!
This activity is a Fun program every Wednesday with the idea of performance at the end of a Term targeting coordination, manipulation, juggling, acrobatics, balancing with a variety of circus equipment, music, group & individual performance including Clowning and Drama.
Artistic side such as dance/ drama
This is a perfect combo for little one who need more confidence, action and developing motricity skills in a Fun way.
The coach is French and the class is led in Bilingual.